This website uses cookies to enhance your experience.

GREEN SUSTAINABILITY

ANALIS INVESTS IN GREEN ENERGY

As a distributor and manufacturer of scientific lab equipment and lab furniture, ANALIS sa/nv attaches much importance to sustainability and its ecological footprint.
For several years now, ANALIS has been launching green actions and encouraging ecological behavior within the company that reflect our values.
RESPECT

EXCELLENCE

PASSION
OUR VALUES
RESPECT OUR ENVIRONMENT

‘Respect, Excellence and Passion’ are part of our DNA. It is our genetic code that daily drives our actions in every aspect of the company.
ENERGY EFFICIENT PREMISES
  • Window replacement: in 2016 we replaced all windows of our office buildings in Namur.  On the one hand we offered our staff more temperature comfort and a better insulation of external noise, but on the other hand we also realized a considerable enery saving.
  • Sustainable electricityin December 2018, Analis installed 900 solar panels on the roof of the Suarlée plant. The works were carried out by Total and the panels covered a total area of 1 500 m².This allows Analis to produce 235 000 kWh of electricity every year.
    70% of the proceeds is utilized by our company. The remaining 30% is redistributed on the net.
    Vincent Luyckx, General Manager of Analis: «This project is part of Analis' commitment to invest in green energy. In addition to the savings made in electricity consumption, we also want to make an ecological act
    Link to the publication and video on Linkedin
ELECTRICAL CHARGING POINTS
In 2019, Analis installed electrical charging points for electric and hybrid vehicles. In addition to these 4 available charging points, dozens more will be added in the next few months.
It is a service of Analis to the staff but also to the customers, suppliers, visitors, …

In order to reduce CO2 emissions, various actions have been and will be taken for our fleet of vehicles:
Reduction of CO2 emissions by proposing to the personnel cars with a maximum of 105 grams.
• Draw the attention to alternative vehicles: hybrid/electric
• Adjustment of the lease contracts according to the needs of each specific driver: The cars are no longer automatically replaced after 48 months, but the number of kilometres travelled is continuously evaluated in the context of the optimum replacement time.

BIODIVERSITY
  • The Namur offices are located near the Domaine du Bois de Néverlée. It is therefore not strange to see many birds in the fields (magpies, wagtails, finches, sparrows, …) but also hares and small rodents. One of our colleagues is also watching the welfare of the birds by providing regular food to the bird houses in some trees.
  • Plantation of 72 fruit trees: in March 2020 our commitment to green energy led to the planting of 72 fruit trees in the garden of Analis-Namur.
    Fruit trees absorb CO2 - a greenhouse gas - and thus contribute to the fight against climate warming. Moreover, they offer shelter to the fauna around our offices (insects, birds, but also hares and small rodents). And if after a few years the cherries on the trees are ripe, the staff can pick them freely.
ON A DAILY BASE
  • Sustainable waste management : according to the applicable standards, waste is sorted into separate waste containers. Plastic cups and coffee filters are replaced by glass and fabric bags respectively. Plastic bottles became glass containers. Crockery (cutlery and plates) is available for staff to eliminate the need for disposable cutlery and plates.
  • LED lights: common lamps have been replaced by LED lights and passageways have motion detectors to prevent electricity wastage. In addition to less energy consumption and longer lifetime, LED bulbs offer other advantages as you can read in the following articles (Dutch) –(Fench).
Loading
Loading