The ALTERA M range of performance CMMs delivers exceptional throughput and enhanced precision to the heart of your production. Exclusively designed for high speed tactile probe scanning and laser
scanner applications, ALTERA M is the preferred choice for automotive and aerospace OEMs and other manufacturers of critical components.
All Altera CMM’s can be supplied with touch probe, scanning probe or with a laser scanner.
- High velocities/accelerations for low cycle times
- Excellent accuracy and repeatability
- Total solution for probing, scanning and digital inspection
The superior ceramic design, with near perfect stiffness-to-weight ratio and greater resistance to temperature shifts, provides consistent performance across all manufacturing environments. Advanced multi-sensor ready technology optimizes CMM throughput and provides the opportunity to broaden the application scope to new materials and components as needs change. Innovative work-flows and intuitive software features facilitate complex inspection tasks and boost productivity.
- Ceramic bridge and spindle provide a thermally stable and ultra-stiff frame for long lasting accuracy.
- Unique LK air bearings provide a smaller air gap with greater stiffness than standard air bearings to enhance the rigidity of the frame.
- Granite table with integral dovetail guideway provides the smoothest of drives with high velocity and acceleration.
- Steel support legs designed on CAD with Finite Element Analysis provide a stable mounting for the ceramic beam and carriage assembly.
- Friction-driven axes remove the uncertainty of belt drives and gear-boxes and provide a hysteresis-free smooth repeatable motion.
- Superior pneumatic self-levelling vibration isolation for optimum performance in areas subject to high levels of low frequency vibration.
- Bonded Renishaw scales negate the need for separate scale and mechanical frame thermal compensation, providing confidence in repeatability and accuracy.
When size truly matters
LK CMMs are standardly available in a wide range of measurement volumes.
For applications requiring specific or larger measurement volume, LK CMMs can be delivered to the customer’s needs. Whether it is a large bridge or a horizontal arm configuration you require, the LK CMMs are always based on the same ceramic and granite construction offering market leading accuracy and performance.