Compact all-in-one multi-sensor CMM for an affordable price
Altera C is a ceramic-bridge coordinate measuring machine (CMM) range.
Using the latest metrology software, multi-sensor technology and CMM designs, the compact systems are intended for demanding quality control applications. British manufacturer LK Metrology offering high accuracy and repeatability in a compact footprint. Manufactured at the company’s factory near Derby, the new ALTERA C machines are available in three sizes:
7.7.5 - X,Y,Z axis movements 700 x 650 x 500 mm
10.7.5 - X,Y,Z axis movements 1000 x 650 x 500 mm
10.7.7 - X,Y,Z axis movements 1000 x 650 x 650 mm
Typical applications are likely to be found in the aerospace, automotive, medical and other industries with demanding inspection requirements.
ALTERA-C is equally at home in an inspection department or on the shop floor, especially as pneumatic mounts isolate the CMM well from nearby sources of low frequency vibration such as large machinery.
The CMM control may be either stand-alone, or integrated into the machine base with a keyboard on an arm at the side, giving the customer a choice that best suits the installation site. The latter option also facilitates relocation of the equipment once installed. The inclusion of Renishaw encoders with 0.05 µm resolution optical scales for high volumetric accuracy not only leads to outstanding metrology but also provides immunity to the ingress of contaminants.
All Altera CMM’s can be supplied with touch probe, scanning probe or with a laser scanner.
- High velocities/accelerations for low cycle times
- Excellent accuracy and repeatability
- Total solution for probing, scanning and digital inspection
The superior ceramic design, with near perfect stiffness-to-weight ratio and greater resistance to temperature shifts, provides consistent performance across all manufacturing environments. Advanced multi-sensor ready technology optimizes CMM throughput and provides the opportunity to broaden the application scope to new materials and components as needs change. Innovative work-flows and intuitive software features facilitate complex inspection tasks and boost productivity.
- Ceramic bridge and spindle provide a thermally stable and ultra-stiff frame for long lasting accuracy.
- Unique LK air bearings provide a smaller air gap with greater stiffness than standard air bearings to enhance the rigidity of the frame.
- Granite table with integral dovetail guideway provides the smoothest of drives with high velocity and acceleration.
- Steel support legs designed on CAD with Finite Element Analysis provide a stable mounting for the ceramic beam and carriage assembly.
- Friction-driven axes remove the uncertainty of belt drives and gear-boxes and provide a hysteresis-free smooth repeatable motion.
- Superior pneumatic self-levelling vibration isolation for optimum performance in areas subject to high levels of low frequency vibration.
- Bonded Renishaw scales negate the need for separate scale and mechanical frame thermal compensation, providing confidence in repeatability and accuracy.